Katholische Herz-Jesu-Stadtpfarrkirche

The parish church Herz-Jesu was built during 1882 – 1884 on the former eastern end of the city according to plans by architect Karl von Leimbach from Munich. The former parish church St. Jakobus in the inner city had already become too small for the growing number of resort guests in the 2nd quarter of the 19th century. Furthermore the style the church was built in, early classicism, was not regarded as fashionable anymore. King Ludwig II. only approved the plans for a new church in 1881. The christening took place on the 31st of August 1884.

Katholische Herz-Jesu-Stadtpfarrkirche
Von-Hessing-Straße 8 (Marienplatz)
97688 Bad Kissingen